Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Holiday Outings





Autumn becomes us


At 5:00 on Friday evening
the radio stated:
the holidays begin now,
Who am I to disagree


1.
Saturday


Café on Broadway
happy Saturday
going by


Tic-Tack-Toe sky
and new mural drive by





Geometrical ciphers


I'll take center square
to win


Picturesque Oakland

The latest mural
through a rain-stained
window






The money shot
a clean section of glass
post-modernized by
a window decal




Back in my old neighborhood
window-shopping
Mary Poppins style



There's that poodle shirt I like


Celtic music on the radio
The Thistle and Shamrock
soul-satisfying in the Fall








Mellow skies
after an early sunset
a dreamy evening's journey
through the dark of night



2.
Sunday morning

It's just some streets you crossed
not so long ago


I'm out early to get a bottle
of holiday spirits before
the hoards showed up,
lots of others had the same idea



Refractions 
in an autumn morning

A saint may be lurking
he knows when you're sleeping




No not these
"noir-vember"
lawyers


Morning, morning
here comes Nicholas



The streets retreat
from the night's
delirium



A frame for the
instinctual
sur-rational



The window
illuminates
my study



The fish of the sea



Put on their Winter coats
warm coloration
for the mutating sea

Water
water
cool clear water
and some glass to contain it



A whole world
may be discerned
 therein



Classic
Project XO
installation



Wonder if I could be
accused of illegal dumping
be arrested for art


That's why
I never leave home

With gloves
a hand-painted umbrella
and a Public Defender

Elevator to the Port




Like a reckoning
when the doors open



I work outdoors


The mists of November
the veil of Maya



The whole world
in his hands


Fountains
turn me on


Show-off cars
amuse me






A McClaren


A spooky tooth




19 November 2017




 


No comments: