Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Blade Runner, Blade Runner








Going faster miles an hour


Let's go to a movie, darling
I've been meaning
to overload my senses
and lying in wait for
 Blade Runner: 2049

The time was right for it
to return
a Nativity/origin story
when replicants reproduce
they can no longer be
 expendable slaves


Incredible, ineffable
 process shots
the haunting green eyes
 "Joe's" simulacrum squeeze
I think,
Ana de Armas
Permanent revolution
constant mutation











 To the grand and grandiose
Grand Lake Theater






Film poster
on bus shelter
Skulls and calaveras
remain ubiquitous
later and later in the year
Los Muertos gives way
in Advent


In Advent of the film
I hit Splash Pad Park
for my customary blast-off
on superlative herbs


A palace of frivolity
and amusement
amidst everyday life
 School across the street








So I wore
my party kicks



Ah to come inside
an elaborate theater
on a November night
of light rain



Impudent characters
strut in the lobby
I pay them no mind







I prefer a more vintage cinema
black and white is fine art
noir is an acquired taste





Past this portal of the past
into the real world,
Life represented as
evocative dreaming





A venerable machine
a projector
honored by the passage
of time and light


Enter the theater
of the unknown,
Akin to falling into
a special state of sleep









Small sidekick theatre
with a screen amply wide,
I sat way up front
on reclining seat
with apples, raisins
dark dark chocolate
water and brandy








The walls go kaleidoscopic
oriental  rugs applied
to the rococo



The as it does eventually
an extraordinary curtain goes up
the film begins







I'm so high and virginal
only one other film this year
I merge with the experience
 remember it in passages






Return again
to the imaginary world
through this portal





Superhero OD
Comic book movies
are the oxycontin
of cinema





13 November 2017













No comments: