Friday, June 8, 2018

Sunday After Dinner Light







Felix!
 
Warm enough after dinner
to go out to go out
Noticing the world in greater detail
 
A repurposed mail sticker
with Felix prints
stuck on a long-abandoned
payphone booth
first thing I noticed



The tall grass of June
bugs snuggle concealed
from the breezy evening


 
Living in a bottle
a capacious liquor
supermarket

 
Golden light of evening
intimation of
the never-ending





Golden hours
go by once
once only


 
The moving grass
in the steady bay breeze
changing colors
changing places
 



 
California produce
our abundant land




 
I'm not a simpleton
though my life's a simple one
 

 
 
Union Machine
rippling in
filtered sunset light
 

 
I thought strangely
of an armpit image
in Un Chien Andalou
 
 
 
 
 

 
Walking by the estuary
I reinvigorate
 a great lazy cat
 
 
 
 
Conspicuous parking
for high rolling
money cars

 
I'm driving in my car now
I've got you under my wheels
 
I find that you can get away
with a lot in life
 

 
But eventually you hit a wall
 



Steer your course
don't capsize
glide on by
 
But by all means
spare others

 
I listen to the grass
I talk to the wind
 
 
 
 
3 Jun 2018
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: