Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Summer's Always Gone










How high the Moon?


Will I see you in September?
or lose you to a Summer love
How I misspent my Summer stay-cation
the narcissistic minutiae of experience




Love minus zero
no limit




The centrifuge of sugar
You are getting very very
sleepy



Demon Sugar


A charming cheerful
entertainment product
for children



Here they come



I am the egg truck



Sugar Zombie lunchbox



I think somebody
over-egged
this kid





Geezer?
Send me your photo
when you are this age





Summer school in
my favorite subjects



Saw some surrational art


Reread an old old book
amazing descriptions of now
all dystopian predictions
have come true


Pure cinema
saw a movie I quite liked



Not much live music
except on the radio,
Only show I remember seeing
was Country Joe and the Fish
in a mighty reincarnation
playing the entire first LP
at a Summer of Love
50 year anniversary
outdoors on Telegraph







Morning, morning
again, again



They finally removed the shroud
from the new building next door
Ten feet of my Eastern view gone,
ah well perhaps it will reduce
particulate matter from
Broadway traffic







There it is in all its brutalism
Oddly they eschewed almost
all the southern sunlight
it create a village scene
more exclusive I suppose



This figure in the alley below
seems to mock me at times
depends on my mood




A large back porch
on the estuary
last of a  Victorian row,
Some say ghosts still gather
on a mid-summer night




Sweet young couple,
I imagine that they are going
to church to ask the priest
to marry them


Skiffs in repose


Estuary and hills


Our sparkling clear
summer weather,
mild in all seasons


The saintly knight
and his faithful horse
are undaunted

What the world needs now
more beasts on the road
urban gladiator shops





I left my convertible
in a parking lot
and continued on
on foot


Down the Port
down Jack London square
reflection of blue pole
in very red automobile
reaches ultra-indigo


Project X O
Disk found at X O location


Raiders are splitting for Las Vegas
(big thanks to Sheldon Adelson)
yet the marks continue
in their chauvinistic delusion





Beneath City Hall
Courthouse, jail, highway,
BART tracks
not merely a tent
a rubble field homestead,

The first public school in Oakland
was once located here,
metal plaque since stolen









I fly the coop
make my exit
file for endangered
species status



Spend a lot of time
 by the water
and in the garden

Water and flowers
all one needs for a good time


 
Fuchsia
lifts me up


Shade tree experience
the best things in life
are free if you are




Evening
used to marvel how
fast a week seems to go by
today I feel that about
the years



















I'll send you all my love
everyday in a letter
sealed with a kiss




     August-September 2017







No comments: