Thursday, September 21, 2017

No End to Endless Summer














The Flaneur has trouble letting go



I've come again to the beach
clinging to summer





Breezy today


Heavy clouds
ponderous clouds
on their way






Can you ride it?


This guy is actually flying
achieving air







Stay here and
 become
epic


On down the beach
a Technicolor stretch
of ever-moving reeds





In the reeds
in the reeds
where no one ever sees
and you shiver when the night wind blows





A little town
called San Francisco
appears like an emerald city
in the imagination









Slip into the reeds
a place out of the wind
I have two only stick matches



Time spent
outside of time




A new lease on life







The clouds recede
like a symphony orchestra
playing Wagner




An expressive artwork
in the sand





The sculptor's tool
discarded carelessly nearby







A baby seal I think
maybe E.T.







The atmosphere
grows ever more
breathtaking



Time for lunch
a picnic table under
this great tree
Too many of these majestic cypress
have been cut down here
saints preserve this one







I declare this a queer beach
and plant a pink chevron







I go in the water







I really do
look back on the beach
there's my stuff
and I'm not there





I'm in the water
the cold rushing
water of high tide,
There's Twin Peaks tower
much taller than that
dorky new transit building





I was transformed



The reeds in the wind
parted for me
 like the Red Sea


The sky is calling, beckoning to me


A gathering of spirits






No longer earth-bound





I'm swept away
a part of everything










All that remains
is to wait for the bus home,
Like someone discretely
 tripping on acid
I  melt into the scene










18 September 2017

No comments: