Friday, September 8, 2017

Hot Spell Goes into Labor Day











A strange light tints the
sky as clouds move in mitigating
the atmospheric temperatures
the shore on a day without
bright sunshine



Alameda bound



100 years of banking


 A classy joint
no doubt


 Got a big Prince
fancy dress party coming up








So dig out your glad rags
from your psychedelic storage space









This boots are made for walking






 Let's

Familiar crowd








The tide is high
quite high







 The submarine walkway
is really underwater
today





I want to be on the same page








For the first time
I have to quit my attempt
to make it all the way,
If I was nude or wearing a suit
it would have been mine,
my pants are only rolled up so high
and I have to walk backward on tip toes
to avoid getting wet
which I somehow manage to do












Pieces on a chessboard
Hope I'm not letting
anyone down
but I'm throwing in the towel



After my usual marine lunch
at a picnic table,
sweet cold drops of rain

 I sheltered under a thick pine
it was splendid really
after all the heat and glare











Deserted state building
in Summer






What could be more patriotic
than a discarded can of Bud?
 
But they changed the name
to America, a subtle pitch:
US AMERICA
And they added a quote from
Woody Guthrie's
This Land Is Your Land
to their corporate product label
Irony is thick this labor day









Industrial sculpture garden
near crab cove






A crucial workplace
no labor in force
we salute them today









Used to look over at
the soft serve ice cream place
now gone
 The cool low-rent pads of
the twentieth century
are going going gone




The Third Dimension
in situ


Touch me not
Pussy willow


Always thirsty




Got that
silent Brexit
grin on his face



This is a town
that wets its whistle


Ye olde ale hole
in sidewalk







One's last forlorn
99 cents store



Don't take any
 wooden nickels

A flag for every pole


This country has its panties
in a tangle









Secrets in its attic
skeletons in its closet









Some mild sun
toward the end of day



Much was written in the sky


Starting to get dark
earlier


Son it will be time
for Trick-or-Treat








4 September 2017









No comments: