Friday, November 5, 2021

Allhallowtide III: Mountain View Cemetery Skullduggery

 

 


Allhallowtide 2021

Chapter Three

 


 

Kindergarten

 

 


 
 
 

 
 
Thanatopolis heights
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nutrient-rich  grass
 

 


Decoration for halloween on a child's grave


The children's section

 

 
 Not difficult to get a spooky ambiance
int a cemetery on a gloomy afternoon


I usually climb the hills but not today
Weary from my walk down Piedmont
not to mention having to retrace my way back out

 

 


There's a favored perch
I sometimes occupy

I bring a lunch and a fatty
spaciously and quietly

 

 

 
 A couple of Yosemite ghosts
erected this rough-hewn monument
Phallic symbols were still largely subconscious
at the time
 


Vainglorious and forgotten 


 
For myself nothing too extravagant
a simple pyramid would suffice
 
 

 
Perhaps an arte brute skull
with medieval script

 

 
It would be enjoyable to join such 
 a pleasant and sedate company
Did I mention the Black Dahlia
Elizabeth Short is buried here?
 


 
A window on perpetuity




 A library of ashes 
and sundry remains

 

 
 
 Threshold of eternity
portal of oblivion


 

An inviting redwood grove
and I needed a rest 


 
 First people believed you could replenish
by leaning against a great tree
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A means of ascension as I see it


 

 So it is written
so it shall be
 
 

 A blissful interlude
a blessed state


 


I'd reached the limits of my wandering
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 Then I beheld a odd apparition
a banquet table attended by people attired in formal black 
as if I witnessed a macabre wedding party 
on Mausoleum Row
 
 
 



 
 A mushroom encounter
followed soon afterwards
 
 

 
 I seemed to be traveling down a rabbit hole
 

 
 Spooky entanglement at a distance
 

 
At last I came around to the front gate 
and found my way out again
 

 
 going to the chapel
and we're going to get buried
going to the Chapel of Chimes
 
 

 
Bury me in funeral bouquets



Who'll be the next in line?
 
 
 
 
 
Pumpkin-bearers
 he wasn't crazy about it,
 she seemed to appreciate my admiration
 
 




 
 
 Under a benign sky
--some drizzle as I first set out today
 
 
 
 
 goodbye and hello
 

 
Chicky Baby and Mumu Mama
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Epilogue
 



Maybe I can crowd-fund a pyramid







30 October 2021



No comments: