Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Allhallowtide I: Parades Gone By

 

 

 

Allhallowtide 2021

Chapter One

 

 

 booo!

 

 

 

Eleven AM seemed too early for The Pumpkin Parade on Piedmont 
but I beat it over there shortly after 1PM while the costumed revelers still milled about
The stores handed out trick or treats and an infectious ebullient mood prevailed




 

My first year of formal attendance
Yet Piedmont Avenue holds forty years of haunted adventure for me
There was a notable pumpkin patch in a lot vacant the rest of the year 
and the Avenue always ended in a vast 19th Century marvel: 
Mountain View Cemetery


Free eye candy for all


A real doll


ok



 
 A cad
 
 

 
 The luxury of halloween
 

 
 Ironic and self-aware
 


Costume shop



Too muchness prevailed



 
I ventured onto church property
to refresh my herbal enchantment
to sit and smoke a bit
 
 

  
 
As I reentered the sidewalk I walked into
an over-the-top comedy sketch
They handed me a treat pack with no candy 
instead were items like toothpaste and brush

 
Welcome to Toon Town 
with a toothy smile

 

 
 I crossed over rather hastily 
to an old shop 
which sells curios and books
 

 
 I was late on the draw for this wizened wizard
I suspect his boots were his costume's raison d'etre
Captured here just a hint of their fabulous pointedness
 
 

 
Like wow



 
Deadheads Never Die 



 
 Dan-mask as stoned as we natty
 

 
None too happy
 

 
Specters cherish Silver Dollars
 
 


The bookstore occupies the corner
of this quaint cul-de-sac
Almost rented an apartment near here 
We were turned down because we were married
and the landlord didn't want any children


 
A caution around every corner
 
 

 
At the Golden Scorpion
 
 

 
A basin of free candy 
proffered by a Symbolic Snake
 

 
The whole district seems enthralled
by the symbolic, the heraldic, the masonic
and the occult
 

 
Come one and all 
to the halloween carnival



 
 Now these two dames were proud to display their finery
Bet they worked on those costumes
on spinster nocturnes
 

 
Off they bustle
down the avenue
 

 
Salut, mon petit Chavallier 




 
Friendly holiday couple
Most people like to ave their photo taken
to have their outfits admired
 


 
Well I'm totally wired

 
 
 
 
That represents the first 25% of RAY's photo journal
for this busy, cloudy and yet festive day.
Future posts will follow on from this point
Stay tuned, si vous plait



30 October 2021













No comments: