Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Port Life 2020

 

 

 

It's Sink or Swim

during the pandemic



The Port of Oakland by night





 The Year Adrift


Prismatic view from here



I find myself down here

Often fairly deserted, it is eerily quiet these days



Halloween fly-over



Life on the water



To exchange visual pleasantries with passing boats



Not far from my roost

a chance to stretch my legs

and spend time off-line


From the San Francisco Ferry dock

where I launched a thousand voyages

 (day trips actually)

 

 

I generally achieve relaxation




Another peaceful evening 


 

 My dependable panacea

Being on the water stoned

 

 

The illustrious Potomac Roosevelt's Presidential Yacht 

 was once scuttled & sunk then recovered and restored



A contact high just watching them



The season changes in silence



Winter sunsets always send me



Trains and buses with empty seats

 run past the foot of Broadway

 Jack London Square



The great Christmas tree in Jack London Square

Few spectators but still a noble gesture against the gloom



Christmas is on the way




 Solstice



I deserved one drink

after another year of abstinence



Night of The Great Conjunction

21 December 2020


Motion capture

Everything feels suffused with enchantment



I have the place pretty much to myself


The Potomac is defiantly festive tonight


The time draws near



I get into position



There she blows

The Great Conjunction

two planets so close in our view

as to appear to be one


Functional, conjunctional

and precisely punctual



The big picture

The Star of Bethlehem  

as some have said


Kissing cousins

Jupiter and Saturn


 A bit chilly on the water after a while

Time to turn toward home, 

Adieu O Beautiful Star


Did I mention it was almost Christmas?




O Christmas herb, O Christmas herb

Thy leaves are ever faithful





June-December 2020



 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: