Saturday, October 14, 2017

Christopher Columbus Day












Just a day-tripper
a lazy-bones to the bone
I schlep away
at the suggestion of
a bank holiday







 Ok I'm not packing




 I depend on me luck






In search of an al fresco table

Lost this badge
it had a faulty clasp
that's why I found it
in the first place







This nation needs
to take a hard
left turn


The people are the real thing
not this fraudulent "patriotism"
pouring out of right wing
cake-holes

We guard
the coast
and the environment



I went in the water
but not immersion,
An older lady walked up
as I was removing my trousers
to walk the submerged walkway
then I wade up to my knees
splashed water on my torso
and lolled in the sand for
a moderate spell of time


But I'm mainly content
to merely sit by the water
To fly my mind like
a kite-surfer







Jolly fun in October





The sky followed me home
and came inside with me








That night I slept
the sleep of the just
rocking on the gentle waves

Hey old Christopher Columbus
Sailed the world without a compass













Postscript
written in cinders




This was Alameda
three days later
hallucinatory wildfire
smokey sky

No comments: