Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Psychedelic Sunset










A burst of color before the darkness









Red earth flora




An artisan selling pipes
what's the nature of this
passing scene?



The psychedelic sun also rises
a trip room in broad daylight


 
I chatted up a kind fellow with some bud
we discussed entheogens and the like
my experience and study was extensive
and nostalgically long ago



 A t home I encountered
anew shower curtain
for Easter week






 An eerie contrast in light
when I went outside again
after supper








 
A cherished motif and subject
the antiquated walls of
Union Machine Works
















Moving on but
you can't scare me
I'm sticking to the union



Repurposed metal works
at crespuscule




Approaching sundown
the evening train
thunders this way





Three spines with rib gages
inchoate faces
came toward me in the sky



 
Things rapidly
transformed
  the extra-planet effect


Shipside splendor


 


Some people look at the beauty
of a sunset sky
acknowledge it rationally
and want to go



Others of us stand transfixed
in an aesthetic state
brushstrokes of momentary color
 intimate immortality






Infrared flowers
in the most oblique light
calling me home




24 April 2017



No comments: