Friday, April 28, 2017

More Musings in the Marco Polo Zone













Curiosities along
7th, 8th, and 9th streets
my vicinity and environs


 1.


Large calligraphic scroll
in Chinatown library








Asian-theme branch






Old Oakland gallery windows
embracing immigration to
North American
Primitive humans landed in San Diego
130,000 years ago
everyone else is a newcomer




Mesoamerican




Levantine



Plenty of flesh-peddling
goes on



Flowers for sale
at the Friday Famer's Market



A lovely lady buys some

I see a lot of Crayola hair
I see a lot of Crayola hair
 these days
but her hair was perfect








 Today's an exhilarating
day in Spring
after so much chilly rain










Remembering David
a year later
 Ziggy went to
Sleepy Mountain



Vapor trails go by,
there's no one driving







Decorative objets d'arte
offered on Broadway sidewalk




2.






Along the seismic seam between
 Old Oakland, Chinatown
and the West Oakland Police State






This emporium is  a mere block
away from where I live
I buy stoneware plates there
replacements for the ones I break


By the time I took this shot
the young counter-guy squawked
It was just a diversion though

I really wanted to get a image
of their security camera matrix
Last time I was in, the guy was staring
at the empty store as if social media



Without a doubt
there are some lost souls
hereabouts

3.









Shall we go outside?
After dark?













This is the entrance to the courthouse
populated by overnight guests
who are in fact free to go
elsewhere

4.





The old martial drumbeat
is back in style,
Sadly I didn't claim this free LP
despite it's preservation
would have encumbered me as
I walked the paradoxical streets











April 2017








No comments: