Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Garden Cat




Buds are forthcoming roses
animals cop curious poses
So early in the Spring





Clouds dropped me off
on upper Grand Avenue
Piedmontese around here


 
To an native Yankee like myself
the world of flowers I encountered
on the West Coast is one
 of continual wonder





In California
the flora are in your face



Another green world







 
I am fond of passages
where no cars go


 
A girl with red hair
reads a book
under a canopy of green








Premature day for the roses
actually


 I found one bush in bloom
with ecstatically fragrant blossoms






But we are not here for the roses



Not sure it shows but...




I am very
very high



Well, well,
look who's here



Better not wake
my extra-sensory pal



He couldn't care less



Go all Edward Muybridge
on your turkey ass



We were expecting
the Easter Bunny



Despite over-population
on both sides





We are not allowed to eat them
I'll wager that they're as gamey
as an old pole cat



Looking kind of pre-historic
there, archaeopteryx







A mind-expanding
soul-growing
psychedelic biosphere


As if the doors of perception
were cleansed



As if the heart and soul
were opened
to the sky


Isabella
We are floating,













April 2017









No comments: