Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Edible, Inedible Berkeley












Cool and rainy for Eastertime
Adventures out of doors compel
 nevertheless



Coming in through Rockridge


A Texas-sized cup of java 
for an important errand
My 80-years young buddy
needs edible cannabis
He's been recommended in the past
but currently doesn't have a letter




I get him a half dozen cookies
 of unrivaled potency
and sample one myself
on nearby UC campus

 It was so chilly
it was like I forgot
me trousers





I hung out around the Campanile
sprinkles sent me sheltering on a bench
under a roof meeting Jake whom I noticed
 a student bright smiling face
He'd had the same edible before
and had a great sense of humor
His dad had been a Boston stand-up comic,
Told him I wouldn't forget him
and I meant it



Down on Sproul plaza
an accordion player accordingly
leavened the mood



Some sort of art project
was being installed
420 Holiday this week,
I'm having an early 420 day myself



Students are energetic
about getting attention


 Sis-boom rah-rah days
are here again


 Curl up in library alcove
on a showery day





Summon your Aristotelian
inner world


 
Californian Gothic original
library and art museum


 
A real entertainer
He's ginger you notice





Berkeley itself


Besieged by wisteria




First visit to the Tool Library


Preternatural drinking fountains



An attractive space


 Floral windows
of the soul


 Teach a man to fish
and loan his gear







Next door neighbors came in
and elaborated profusley





It's a Thai temple
that also feeds a lot of people
for donations I think



Striking it is




Another mysterious
wisteria house



This place is like a ghost town
consisting of one house






Near Civic Center park
where the Farmer's Market had to cancel
due to Alt-right political violence
Hard biker-type alcoholic veterans
are touring college towns
to bait incite and beat up the locals





The man played on


 
I utilized bus pass and shoe leather
to head back up to Rockridge





Dazzling Easter flower
in a shop window




 Took a seat in a bookstore
to spend a little time






Ferlinghetti painting in the library
he's getting better than atrocious




 
Magical gardens
along Lawton to Manila




 Springtime in light rain
the biosphere flexes and throbs











Finally my pal's pad
on Manila
Coffee to chase my euphoric edible




April 2017

No comments: