Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Morcam Amphitheater of Roses


 




1.

First Visit 

After a long time indoors



 
It is November and the sun is dim
 

 
Yet there are plenty of roses still


 
Deep peace abides here
 

A young lady savors the mild Fall weather


It was wide open


 
 Forgive the cat-fancy 
but I met truly a grand fellow
 
 

We were instantly best friends




Love at first sight, you might say




 
 
We'll always have the roses of November to help us to remember




Haven't seen him since

though I talked to lady who knew his story

So long my friend, fare thee well


November 2020






2. 

Inklings of Spring

 

 

 

 

 The green grass is thrilling 




 
I join the social distance 
Outdoors again at last 




 
In February when it blossoms  






A warm day in late winter behooves all walks of life
This guy was bouncing sideways up and down the steps







Reading the tablet of an ancient future







Skybound again
 as one lives a long time
 the desire grows 
to go up to heaven





 
What in tarnation?
 
 

 
A little pirate I suppose only that, 
others can see it too I would hope
 
 
 


 
All too soon time has passed 
and one climbs down again
 from the heights




That urge to merge with sky I mentioned




February 2021





3.

Another day of peace

 during Lent




 
Deep green grass with redwoods

 
 
 
 
 
At the gate
 
 
 
Wisteria is here





So are the earliest roses




 Another lifetime resumes in the garden





Emerging from the hillside 

Profound color





Down the hill I await my bus back home 
across Grand Avenue from this magnificent tree





March 2021




4.

In Rose-laden May




The Rose Garden calls me from afar






Up the hill backward again




Can you find the honeybee?
They thrive here







 Sturdy Iris
Bees are busy elsewhere
 and other pollinators don't seem to visit





We reach the horizon



Roses and joy available to the public at no fee




 As long as you don't abuse the guidelines

I shall only do so very briefly





And so bountiful are the rewards




Young fellow rode his bike over the hilltop

As I left I saw him heading for further hills of precipitous Piedmont





O Rose mystical emblem of inner life





Coming down is never a come down 

I bring the elevation and the environs with me as I go





Memories are like misty roses

sliding inexorably into the psast

into one's own shadow




Roses of every kind

 piled up to the sky




Casual wonder neverendling






4 May 2021


























No comments: