Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Year's Lark







Guess where the Flaneur was on a brisk New Year's Day?





 ...Alameda, I knew you knew








 The scintillating flight of a flock of pipers





 They walk single file along the shore
So endearing, like an peanuts cartoon
In an oldtime hometown newspaper





 A key to open my heart
Outdoors in sunshine





I'd brought a little coffee and had a Bhang chocolate,
A Xmas gratuity from the dispensary,
Afterward I had a marine lunch
Tuna salad with Monterey jack on pumpernickel
Fresh carrot, a wee jar of brandy









The coots were wonderful too
Vigorous divers 
Rather amiable for wild bird-life






 Submerged stump near Crown beach



A Green New Year



In the thicket of things
Where I want to be




Christmas at Crab Cove





Then to return to the comforts of human society









 

Deep into the poetry of solitude












Epilogue





1 January 2016
phone captures


No comments: