Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Winter Lights in Golden Gate Park Part II, Light Show










I knew I'd see the tree made sacred
on my way back out
so I moved on from the lighting ceremony
where the Mayors were celebrated
and the witch was thrown






 I continued my glide
 into the mid-way
into the mystic




Slippin' and a-slidin'
been told a long time ago




Snow
in Golden Gate Park!
quite cold out too


Kids were encased
inside these strawberries
which began to move around





Santa's Little Helper



He doesn't know he's being captured,
can't see me
outside his plastic
candy cane tent







The gypsy driver
doesn't care
if you catch your hair
in the Ferris wheel and turn
           (Donovan)




I'm festive
on me own mellow gold








A strange classroom
under the night sky




 On to the Conservatory
of Flowers





I rested alone
sitting on a fallen tree
out behind it for a half hour


Awaiting lift-off


 A stage appeared out of the
cold darkness
of interstellar space






Top Park Cop
Supervisor Sheehey
and his family
(little one a-squirm)
and the egghead MC
no one pays attention to



Then the Conservatory
came to life
with accompanying ambient music
welling from the stage behind me
adding to the other-worldy effect







I had to get close

Like a Wedgewood figment
of my imagination





Tribal delirium
ensues





Moody blue
hallucinogenic
 threshold



A molten colored house
for the Flower Children
50 years after
the Summer of Love










Everyone is happy
everyone is laughing



I think I was peaking
right about now








The kids seem to revert
to an atavistic choreography
it got more and more unreal


I surrendered to the dream
and lost my ability
in the darkness
to capture anymore images





The tree is lit
what an installation
what an environment


Wow
I wish I had cannabis chocolate
for everyone






Up's a daisy



Santa hat High School band
a romantic scenario perhaps








Everybody is in
an altered state
of consciousness


A fast Fulton street bus
and I'm down at the Civic Center

Outside the Asian museum








An arresting visage indeed






The usual Taiko squad
to split your eardrums



A Blue Meanie Leviathan
eye candy in excelsis





City Hall certainly
had it's red white and blue
balls out too

Mayor Lee
we hardly knew ye




7 December 2017

No comments: