Friday, February 10, 2017

Winter Holiday at the Lake






















Bitter nippy cold greeted us this Solstice time
out-door life required some extra attention
to preparation and provision




I've come to a lakeside
Catholic Church
to venerate the Nativity
to warm up my body and soul


 Our Lady of Lourdes



I'm in a suitably prayerful state








Locked-up tight
 
As in "you hope"
it's open




Outdoors worship
for me this day of Noel










Two leashes for this canine
People bundle up and brave the cold







Chillsville


Ducks asleep on the frigid water







If it is possible
to do so







I love them deeply






Into the entanglement

I'm holy here














Visionary trees
in Lakeside Park Garden









Mimetic morphism




Purple frilly kale





Water and air


 is life



Psychedelic Oaks







Rainbow shard
I gleaned for the garden
and ate every bite






FAIRYLAND




 Can you handle it?
So many kids the old lady
who lives in a shoe
didn't know what to do








Mosaics of Fairyland attractions









 
Ashtray for burnt-out kids







Ultra green grass of 
a rainy December
just outside Fairyland



Two cool coots
they winter here in profusion





My darling little diving fowl
don't even know his name yet





 I found this somewhat worn
but warm and lightweight shawl
at Fisherman's Wharf last year
and left it at the estuary on Xmas day
It's still keeping mankind warm



An empty apartment
if I lived here I'd be home now
shudder to think what the rent would be







Nice around here
but not that nice



Time to go inside
for a strong cup of coffee
 to eat my candy Xmas tree




December 2016

No comments: